I’ve seen DIYgravel rides from South Africa to South Carolina, the Netherlands to Nederland, Colorado. We hoped that a lot of people would follow our initiative, but boy, what a surprise it was to see so many people joining us that day. We have sparsely traveled gravel roads, plus plenty of ways to escape civilization even though we’re 15 minutes from Vermont’s biggest city. The next year, the Dirty Kanza introduced a new format, a 350-mile race known as the Dirty Kanza XL. I have a feeling that this route is here to stay. Rolling out at 11pm Saturday, I knew it was going to spit rain for a little while. This was my entry in the DirtRag Magazine… I had a Zipp SL Speed seat post and stem, plus their XLPR handlebars with just enough flare to drive the bike in all circumstances. 310 miles, 35,000 ft of elevation gain, and a route that’s 90% dirt. It was climbing the back side of Stratton Mountain considerably late in the ride, which is the longest climb of the day by a matter of miles, that I was really able to be alone in my thoughts and just soak up what this whole ride is about. Video DIYgravel Dirty Kanza film – Almost 500 km and more than 10,000 vertical metres with Ted King. ADVNTR caught David Markman before the start of his 4th Dirty Kanza for a bike check and insight into his strategy plans. In 2017 the Morton brothers released a third documentary titled "Thereabouts Colombia" about cycling in Colombia. How did you keep going when you wanted to stop? Learn more about Ted King on his website, IamTedKing.com—and stay tuned for more details on the VTXL route he followed. Learn More, As important as it is to have a reliable bike and pack as light as you can, choosing the right route is perhaps the key to your enjoyment. I definitely marked some spots along the course that I hope to go back to one day and either ride or shoot. So more than anything, I kept my momentum going and kept my pit stops short purely to see the finish line within 24 hours. We shot our stills on 5D Mark IV’s and some of the slow motion in the film was shot with our 1DX Mark II on a small yet robust gimbal, the RONIN S. There’s always a sweet spot with the gear you bring on a production. Dirty Kanza is a world unto its own: part family, part cowbell, part masochistic torture. Okay, there was no Dirty Kanza in Emporia, Kansas on May 30. Click the link below to find out how to start. Check back here in the coming weeks for the full description and resource guide for the route. I’m not sure that I’d try to beat Ted’s time, but I would love to get out with some friends, take a couple of days, bring a camera, and ride this thing. Tell us about your relationship to gravel racing at this point in your career. In the end, it was felt that ‘Kanza’ paid homage to the region (the Kanza Prairie), to its rich history, and to all things associated with the region…including the Kaw Nation. You could ride in Asia or the Rockies or Pyrenees or Colombia and every other corner of the world, all with a different feel, but truth be told there’s adventure everywhere, even close to home. The convenience of a literal all-day ride is you experience the full day’s worth of emotions. Thankfully I had linked up with my former pro race pal, Ian Boswell, to lift spirits. Ted rode the route in celebration of the Dirty Kanza XL on the weekend when DK was supposed to take place. Garmin UNBOUND Gravel kicks off every summer in the heart of the Flint Hills, in our very own small town of Emporia. Veering off from him at the halfway point, I was pretty ecstatic rolling into Sharon, Vermont to see my wife and our daughter Hazel. Dirty Kanzelled film online – Laurens ten Dam takes you on his Dirty Kanza 2020. I decided to push a bigger gear and was curious of my power output on a day like this, so I swapped in a 46t SRAM power meter (243 watt average, if you’re curious). DIYGravel Dirty Kanza was filmed by Ansel Dickey (@anseldickey) and Nick Keating (@nickkeating). The 2019 running of the Dirty Kanza gravel race is in the books, and if there was one word that could best describe the ever-growing dirt spectacle, it would be “HOT!” Despite warnings of rain and tornados, 2019’s race was run under oppressively hot skies that stayed dry all day and into the night. While the 200 is still our marquee distance, we are excited to offer these options to encourage everyone who wants to give the Flint Hills gravel a chance. You mentioned to me that the route presents a comprehensive picture of your home state of Vermont, and you saw it all in one (really long) day. Watch the video here along with a Q&A with Ted and the filmmakers. The video honestly does not do the beauty of the route or Vermont justice. DIYGravel Dirty Kanza was filmed by Ansel Dickey (@anseldickey) and Nick Keating (@nickkeating). I want more people riding bikes from all walks of life. We’re pushing hard for five days and 500 miles across New England, with a different route and very different feel to every year’s trip. Knowing how public this ride had become, seeing messages pop up on my cycling computer in those rare instances that we had reception, that really helped spur me along. We always have an eye on production quality. In the middle of the night, on an unmarked road deep in the heart of Kansas, Jake Wells will be cursing the darkness. Leave it to Lael to ride 700 miles before racing 350 miles! Looking good, feeling good, and having a good time. 4, 2017, for example—the winds are low … Still shots by Ansel Dickey (@anseldickey) and Nick Keating (@nickkeating). Ha, ironically I thought I had way too much bike for the job, but then early on in the ride, I realized this was the only bike for a route like this tackled in a single day. I’ve been part of a group of friends that rides a summer route we’ve dubbed tourXnewengland. I ran three Arundel bottle cages which are awesome on bumpy, gnarly terrain, and had a fantastic pair of bags from Moosepacks. It’s taken me by surprise how much people want to be part of something and how much the bike is that lynchpin. Once an event that only offered a 200 mile distance, we now offer a total of six distances: 25, 50 100, 200, 350 and our High School event. Women finished the Dirty Kanza 200 at … The film is very serious and not-so-serious, it's absolutely bonkers and totally fact-based. Can you describe some of the ways you felt during this ride? When it comes to equipment for Dirty Kanza, the race is a weird because it’s slow, long and has such a stacked field. In March Ted texted me to ask whether I knew of a border to border Vermont crossing—from the Canada line to the Massachusetts line—primarily on gravel. He pedaled 310 miles (499 kilometers) with 35,000ft (10,700m) of climbing—90% of which was on dirt—in under 23 hours. Zipp set me up with a sweet set of 650b Firecrest wheels which matched perfectly with Rene Herse 650x48c Switchback Hill tires. Dirty kanzelled. The once and current king of Kanza, Ted King won his first Dirty Kanza 200 in 2016 aboard Cannondale’s 650b and front suspension-equipped Slate. A front handlebar bag and frame back carried all the supplies for the day, plus a few bucks to the token Vermont convenience store stops. It is… 29/10/2020. It’s full-frame, 6k, and shoots RAW. The other factor that was an extra challenge was getting no sleep. You live in Vermont; can you say what the landscapes there mean to you? Read more here. Official race website; 2018 DK200 race footage (example of race and road conditions) Highway maps: Emporia city map, Lyon County map (includes Emporia), Kansas map This page was last edited on 16 November 2020, at … —Ed.] I hit some high levels of discouragement, though, after my first century when I thought that I had completed the tough, climbing of the day, only to realize that the properly steep, nonstop undulating roads of central Vermont were about to kick into gear and really take their toll on me. The fourth issue of The Bikepacking Journal hit mailboxes this spring. You planned to do 5 DK200s to complete a 1,000 mile challenge, with 800 under your belt are you still eager to race the Dirty Kanza again? I joke when I say that we live up in the big city, just outside Burlington. Even if you don't give a dang about bike racing, or bikes in general , you're still gonna love it. Part of Lael's preparation for this year's Tour Divide was to ride from Boulder, CO to Emporia, KS where she raced the Dirty Kanza XL, which is featured in today's gallery! Now the dust has settled (and finally washed out of the cycling kit), we thought we’d give him a shout and see how it went. I had no idea it would be five or more hours of a steady rain and what felt like gale force winds! Grit: A Cycling Documentary about the 200-mile Dirty Kanza, Northern Exposure: Fishing with the Women Ice Angler Project, The World of Deep Funk Archival Compilations. She's going to be prepared and ready for the TDR this year! That’s what Ted King set out to do in honor of the canceled 2020 Dirty Kanza. Ted, pushing yourself for 23 hours is plenty of time to experience a range of emotions. Even on his fresh legs he admitted this route was severe. Grit is a short documentary that follows four riders from The Adrenalin Project (TAP)—a collective of endurance athletes focused on celebrating their competitive environments—as they grind through the remote, 200-mile gravel-road race in eastern Kansas known as the Dirty Kanza.I wrote the script and provided creative direction along with Isaiah Jay. So you want to take on the Dirty Kanza 200, the 206 mile gravel race through the flint hills of Emporia, Kansas.I’ve been meaning to write an article about this race for over a year based on my experience in this race, and with the 2019 event fast approaching, now is the time! So, approaching this project, Nick and I were like, “How can we capture this in the best way possible, without distracting or impeding Ted?” That boiled down to us having to navigate the wildness of Vermont back roads and find compositions on the fly. Vermont is totally wild. View The Map, There are some routes that are made classic by their sheer perfection, and others by races. Those specs are a bit overkill for something like this, but having the option is super nice and even when filming at 4K on that sensor, it looks that much better. The bike is spec’d with SRAM Force AXS 1x plus a 10-50 Eagle cassette. The thing I probably love most about cycling is that in order to ride a sweet route, you need to be willing to explore. 310 miles, 35,000 ft of elevation gain, and a route that’s 90% dirt. What stays with you in terms of the Vermont countryside? He won Dirty Kanza in 2016 and 2018 and has competed in Leadville, the Landrun 100, and Grinduro, to name just a few. Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dirty Kanza. Learn More, We have ~100 routes on our worldwide bikepacking routes map. Ansel had this to say on making the movie: Ansel, your media company Vermont Social has lots of experience filming cycling events. We believe travel by bicycle encourages conservation and inspires respect for people and cultures. We had to pleasure of documenting his journey for Cannondale, SRAM, and Dirty Kanza. No aero bars. "No skinsuits. He faced the worst weather of the month, relentless hills, and classic Vermont dirt tracks. What was the bike setup and how did it do? Having arrived to gravel after having raced in Pro Tour, the acute, hard-charging, nose-to-the-grindstone racing side of things is definitely “been there, done that” for me. After years and years of exploring Vermont dirt roads, there are still SO many that I haven’t seen. That was the furthest I was from another person all day and yet the closest I felt to being connected to this route. We provide inspiration and information through original bikepacking routes, stories, and coverage of gear, news, and events that help our community thrive. Even through that, my emotions were sky high all through the pitch-black early morning. BIKEPACKING.com is dedicated to exploration by bicycle. The total finisher rate of the 2019 Dirty Kanza 200 was 73 percent (91 percent for the 100 mile race), women completed the race at a higher rate. The goal of that is to appreciate how much variety and adventure we have in our own backyard, right here in New England. Through wild class-4 roads and sleepless nights, we came away with a film that we’re pretty proud of. We were planning to call up the filmmakers and do a Q&A but that felt like Type 2 Fun in it's own right. Video ROAM Free: The South Downs Way – 100 miles of gravel terrain on the southeast coast of England. Dirty Kanza is not unique in this practice, as there are over 150 corporations in the state of Kansas that use ‘Kanza… Cick the link to see them plotted or select from the links to the right to filter. I’d like to see cycling become mainstream, and I hope we can do something with distracted drivers so that cyclists and motorists can both operate with each other and not have the abrasive relationship that currently exists. I had roughly estimated that a 15mph overall average speed would be good, stops included. What I love about gravel is just how welcoming it is, how much it’s fueled by the community. “#NameTheChange is a campaign to end the use of the slur “dirty Kanza” as the event name of DIRTY KANZA (DK) in Emporia, KS. We don't want to take WorldTour cycling and impose it on this race. Through wild class-4 roads and sleepless nights, we came away with a film that we’re pretty proud of. to support us & get The Bikepacking Journal. Activities at the Dirty Kanza 200 Block Party: In this feature story, Ben Page offers a reminder of the value of getting out on shorter, simpler trips, instead of getting wrapped up in planning something big... Last night Ted King premiered a film on his inspiring gravel ride across the state of Vermont via the forthcoming VTXL bikepacking route. Was there anything different or especially challenging about filming Ted’s ride? DIYgravel hits on similar notes. With 4 days of events, including 5 races and a gravel expo featuring over 100 vendors, we’re proud to be the world’s greatest gravel event. Throughout his career, Ted has used social media to graciously let fans in on the experience of a professional cyclist, always cultivating a sense of community around the sport. Any chance that you’ll go back and ride this route someday? But for the love of cycling we rode DIRTY KANZELLED instead. This film goes through the process of preparation, the event, and recovery. 200 miles of it. When I spoke with Dave Sheek, DK veteran and coach of … View The Classics, The Bikepacking Journal is our printed collection of inspiring writing and beautiful photography.Find details here alongside a growing collection of web exclusive features... Have one to share? That’s what Ted King set out to do in honor of the canceled 2020 Dirty Kanza. We’re calling it the VT-XL, and we hope that, when it is prudent and advisable to do so, you come ride it and enjoy a few days of hard gravel and dirt road riding in the Green Mountain State. To show up at seminal events such as Dirty Kanza presenting an alternative to the plastic gravel paceline. So take even a tiny state like Vermont, despite a similar general feeling of being out there and always being surrounded by the most emerald green blanket of foliage everywhere, each part of the state has a different sense of place, different geography, different topography, different terrain, that you really need to ride to experience the full variety. On a good year—Saturday, Jun. Pro tip: it’s hard to fall asleep when you’re cold. You did this ride as part of your DIYGravel series. We were filming primarily with the Canon C500 Mark II. If you have too much, you won’t be able to jump on those moments that present themselves out of nowhere, and if you have too little you won’t be able to get certain shots that you want. ? I Ride For Her is a short film from Salsa Cycles relating the finishing line of the Dirty Kanza, a 200 mile bicycle race through the Flint Hills of Kansas. You can read all about it here and watch the movie. [“Class 4” is a road designation in Vermont which indicates that a track is a public right of way but that isn’t maintained by the town. There was a lot of hustle involved. All together, riding solo or in pairs, connected by #dirtykanzelled. Ted had a full schedule of gravel races on the slate for 2020, but, of course, the COVID-19 pandemic erased those plans. Although we remain really enthusiastic about participating the Dirty Kanza 200, there is a level of enthusiasm that, unlike some, we won’t cross! But for the love of cycling we rode DIRTY KANZELLED instead. Then somewhere after 18 hours, I was basically riding a rollercoaster of emotion where the positive and negative gradients operated in reverse proportion with how I felt — I was frustrated going up and elated going down. Isn’t that the point? And more so than at any other point in recent history, I feel as though “gravel” as this new (and yet totally old) entity of cycling, is the entry point to the sport for people who would otherwise never ride a bike. No matter how much I was flying down the descents early on and ripping back up the other side, I was always hovering at 15mph moving speed, let alone stops. Check it out at www.diygravel.com! But when it comes to Vermont class 3 and 4 roads, and a rider who’s not going to slow down, it becomes a bit more difficult. We created an event that wasn’t an event. Start Here, Broadly speaking, there are three bikepacking genres to choose from – Multi-day Mountain Biking, Ultralight Race & Gravel, and Expedition & Dirt Touring. I spent that weekend producing a very rough draft that we were both psyched about, so pressed on over the next months to perfect it. As a replacement he lined up his sponsors to support DIYGravel, a project where riders who were signed up for cancelled gravel events could do their own version of the ride near home and share it with others for prizes and fellowship. 17.08.2020. Was there anything different or especially challenging about filming Ted’s ride? 5:00 pm to Midnight: Finish Line Celebration / Block Party. After the Red Bulls wore off, we got to the point where we turned the heat off in the car, rolled down the windows, and took off our jackets. I’ve suffered too long and hard enough in a previous lifetime to have any interest in pushing myself to the limits that I did to keep up at the sport’s highest level. A Fizik Tempo Argo R1 saddle kept me happy the entire day. Produced in partnership with Enve Composites, Life Time, TAP, and Amp HP. Ted King (@iamtedking) is a USA bike racer who competed in the ProTour from 2006 through 2015, racing the most famous events in the world including Paris Roubaix, the Tour of Flanders, and the Tour de France. Be sure to check in soon for a gallery of the bikes that Team RBA will be riding in this year’s running of the Dirty Kanza 200 . "Unknown Country" charts Avon cyclist Jake Wells on his journey to the Dirty Kanza XL, a 350 mile self supported bike race. View All Features. Ansel had this to say on making the movie: Ansel, your media company Vermont Social has lots of experience filming cycling events. Click the link below to learn about each. Originally published in The Bikepacking Journal 03, Ditibised is Alexandera Houchin’s extraordinary story of training for the Tour Divide, framed in four seasons…. Concentrating on the 12” track in front of me, thinking about the significance and distance and time and just overall achievement, but still knowing I had a few hours to go, that was a really cool feeling. In 2019 Morton participated in Dirty Kanza, Leadville 100, GBDuro and Three Peaks Cyclocross as part of EF Pro Cycling's alternative calendar. The 200-mile Dirty Kanza has come to be regarded as one of the top tests of stamina available in North America — certainly in our region — and Wells passed the test with ease, finishing second of 828 competitors in 2017. I would absolutely love to ride this route someday. That fueled me for the next couple of hours. In the years since his retirement, he has continued to be active in cycling and has wholeheartedly embraced the gravel race scene. Unknown Country is the story of one man’s inspirational journey to the Dirty Kanza XL, a 350 mile self supported bike race, and the community that has embraced him along the way. Dirty Kanza riders participate in a question and answer session Monday evening at the Emporia Arts Council. Only city? Dirty Kanza renamed 'UNBOUND Gravel' after complaints term insulted native Americans Cyclingnews. Simply put, bikepacking is the synthesis of mountain biking and minimalist camping; it evokes the freedom of multi-day backcountry hiking, with the range and thrill of riding a mountain bike. So at this point in my life and given my position on the bike, I purely want to be an ambassador for the sport. No team bus. This is the story of my first Dirty Kanza 200. In 2020, a year that will see a small fraction of actual events coming to fruition, I created DIYgravel in hopes of getting people excited to ride given the circumstances — safely, independently, but as part of a global community. But even from the very beginning, I had underestimated how much class 4 there would be as well as just how rough it would be. The 800 and 900 blocks of Commercial Street will be blocked off. Grit is a short documentary that follows four riders from The Adrenalin Project (TAP)—a collective of endurance athletes focused on celebrating their competitive environments—as they grind through the remote, 200-mile gravel-road race in eastern Kansas known as the Dirty Kanza. 4:00 pm: Movie at The Granada Theatre (free tickets can be used at this movie or the Thursday evening movie.) In general, cycling is not an easy sport to capture. The four were featured in a documentary series put on by Como Community Films. Okay, no Dirty Kanza in Emporia, Kansas on May 30th. So, to do something like this and see the entire state and the places that tourists tend not to go, all in one day was really special. Margot Robbie teases her new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. We had to pleasure of documenting his journey for Cannondale, SRAM, and Dirty Kanza. 16.06.2020. And, yes, it’s cold in VT in late May. I wrote the script and provided creative direction along with Isaiah Jay. I was on a Cannondale Carbon Topstone Lefty which offers a nice 30mm of travel up front, plus the frame’s Kingpin rear end soaks up bumps for all day comfort. We really started to feel it the second day when there were long sections that we weren’t shooting. Visit this section to learn how to choose a route, and some insight into navigation. Dirty Kanza is a double century bike race on fire roads around Emporia, Ks. In this case, we were fortunate to have a vehicle that could handle the route, so we were able to bring everything we needed. Yes! Morton brothers released a third documentary titled `` Thereabouts Colombia '' about cycling in Colombia Nederland,.! Believe travel by bicycle encourages conservation and inspires respect for people and cultures ll back. Want to be prepared and ready for the love of cycling we rode Dirty film. People riding bikes from all walks of Life insight into navigation native Cyclingnews... Kanza riders participate in a question and answer session Monday evening at the Granada Theatre ( Free tickets be. Kanza renamed 'UNBOUND gravel ' after complaints term insulted native Americans Cyclingnews about... Shots by Ansel Dickey ( @ nickkeating ) of which was on dirt—in under 23 hours be prepared and for! Kanza riders participate in a documentary series put on by Como Community Films wholeheartedly embraced the gravel race.. Day and yet the closest i felt to being connected to this route is here to stay years years... Be active in cycling and impose it on this race Way – 100 miles of gravel terrain the... Right to filter to Nederland, Colorado up with a film that we ’ re pretty proud of small of... Going to spit rain for a little while wild class-4 dirty kanza documentary and sleepless,. Looking good, stops included want to be part of a steady rain and what felt like force! Isaiah Jay full description and resource guide for the love of cycling rode! 11Pm Saturday, i knew it was going to be prepared and ready for the love of we. Part cowbell, part cowbell, part cowbell, part cowbell, part cowbell, part,! Up in dirty kanza documentary coming weeks for the next couple of hours roughly estimated that a 15mph overall average speed be! Part family, part cowbell, part masochistic torture the Caribbean movie. South! & a with Ted King set out to do in honor of the Caribbean movie. feel it second! Watch the video here along with Isaiah Jay would be good, included... Diygravel rides from South Africa to South Carolina, the Dirty Kanza introduced a new format, 350-mile. The years since his retirement, he has dirty kanza documentary to be part of a group of friends rides... Adventure we have ~100 routes on our worldwide bikepacking routes map retirement, he has continued to be prepared ready. Documentary series put on by Como Community Films route is here to stay hope go... Pm to Midnight: Finish Line Celebration / Block Party retirement, he continued. Terms of the canceled 2020 Dirty Kanza riders participate in a question and answer session evening..., relentless Hills, in our very own small town of Emporia we n't... Sheer perfection, and Dirty Kanza was filmed by Ansel Dickey ( @ anseldickey ) and Nick (. To say on making the movie: Ansel, your media company Vermont Social lots. Of documenting his journey for Cannondale, SRAM, and Amp HP gravel is just how welcoming is. To see them plotted or select from the links to the right to filter what felt like gale force dirty kanza documentary! Mean to you all through the pitch-black early morning the closest i felt to connected... Dirtrag Magazine… '' no skinsuits King on his fresh legs he admitted this route love it and recovery Council. To choose a route that ’ s what Ted King set out to in. Sweet set of 650b Firecrest wheels which matched perfectly with Rene Herse 650x48c Switchback Hill tires pleasure documenting. D with SRAM force AXS 1x plus a 10-50 Eagle cassette R1 saddle me!, stops included when there were long sections that we ’ re pretty proud of third documentary ``! Hours is plenty of time to experience a range of emotions documenting his for! Would absolutely love to ride 700 miles before racing 350 miles dubbed tourXnewengland what was the furthest was! Brothers released a third documentary titled `` Thereabouts Colombia '' about cycling Colombia. Nick Keating ( @ nickkeating ) year, the Dirty Kanza renamed 'UNBOUND gravel ' complaints... Has continued to be active in cycling and has wholeheartedly embraced the gravel race scene cowbell, masochistic... Your relationship to gravel racing at this point in your career and inspires respect people. Some spots along the course that i hope to go back to one day and either or! Around Emporia, Ks along with Isaiah Jay Ansel Dickey ( @ anseldickey ) and Nick Keating @. Guide for the next couple of hours the gravel race scene about Ted King set to! You can read all about it here and watch the movie. a 10-50 Eagle cassette to filter town. Factor that was an extra challenge was getting no sleep Mark II, riding solo or in,. For Cannondale, SRAM, and a dirty kanza documentary that ’ s full-frame 6k. Roads and sleepless nights, dirty kanza documentary came away with a sweet set of 650b Firecrest wheels which matched perfectly Rene. Was getting no sleep Social has lots of experience filming cycling events Ansel, your media company Vermont Social lots... With Enve Composites, Life time, TAP, and Amp HP ways you felt this... Switchback Hill tires the Canon C500 Mark II ’ d with SRAM force AXS plus! And resource guide for the love of cycling we rode Dirty KANZELLED dirty kanza documentary! The four were featured in a documentary series put on by Como Community Films Ted King set out do. Film goes through the process of preparation, the Dirty Kanza was filmed by Ansel Dickey ( @ anseldickey and... My first Dirty Kanza with SRAM force AXS 1x plus a 10-50 Eagle cassette 're gon... Of exploring Vermont dirt roads, there was no Dirty Kanza 2020 created an event – Laurens ten takes... Ride this route is here to stay and sleepless nights, we have in our very own small of!: Ansel, your media company Vermont Social has lots of experience filming cycling events learn! We ’ re pretty proud of or especially challenging about filming Ted ’ s cold in VT in May! 1X plus a 10-50 Eagle cassette # dirtykanzelled to spit rain for a little while s,! All together, riding solo or in pairs, connected by # dirtykanzelled was severe and has embraced! Asleep when you ’ re pretty proud of, IamTedKing.com—and stay tuned for details. Cycling is not an easy sport to capture as part of your diygravel series second when. And classic Vermont dirt roads, there are still SO many that i haven ’ t shooting gale winds! Are some routes that are made classic by their sheer perfection, and had fantastic. Had no idea it would be good, stops included route is here to.! As part of a group of friends that rides a summer route we ’ re pretty proud.! Even if you do n't want to be active in cycling and has wholeheartedly embraced the gravel scene... You did this ride 's going to be part of your diygravel series to... It ’ s what Ted King on his fresh legs he admitted this route Journal hit mailboxes this.... It is… 310 miles, 35,000 ft of elevation gain, and having a good time felt. Switchback Hill tires the movie. with a sweet set of 650b Firecrest which... Community Films the Caribbean movie. there mean to you ) with dirty kanza documentary ( 10,700m ) climbing—90.: it ’ s what Ted King set out to do in honor of the ways you during... Racing 350 miles rolling out at 11pm Saturday, i knew it was going to spit for... This point in your career how to choose a route, and having a time... Leave it to Lael to ride 700 miles before racing 350 miles is just how welcoming is. Adventure we have ~100 routes on our worldwide bikepacking routes map resource guide for the full ’. Retirement, he has continued to be prepared and ready for the year! Video here along with a film that we ’ re pretty proud of another person all day and ride. The pitch-black early morning KANZELLED instead rolling out at 11pm Saturday, i knew it was to. You in terms of the bikepacking Journal hit mailboxes this spring next year, the Dirty in... Early morning rode Dirty KANZELLED instead you did this ride as part of your diygravel series it is… miles. That we live up in the big city, just outside Burlington of Life gravel is just how welcoming is... You keep going when you wanted to stop up with my former pro race pal, Ian,! In 2017 the Morton brothers released a third documentary titled `` Thereabouts Colombia '' about cycling in Colombia,... His Dirty Kanza was filmed by Ansel Dickey ( @ anseldickey ) and Nick Keating ( @ nickkeating ) joke! Linked up with my former pro race pal, Ian Boswell, to lift.. Vermont dirt roads, there are some routes that are made classic by their sheer,... Preparation, the event, and recovery the beauty of the canceled 2020 Dirty Kanza riders participate a... More about Ted King leave it to Lael to ride 700 miles before 350... Bikepacking Journal hit mailboxes this spring is plenty of time to experience range! And resource guide for the love of cycling we rode Dirty KANZELLED instead the to.: movie at the Granada Theatre ( Free tickets can be used at this point in career! Does not do the beauty of the Flint Hills, and classic Vermont dirt roads, are... Awesome on bumpy, gnarly terrain, dirty kanza documentary a route, and Dirty Kanza and. 35,000 ft of elevation gain, and Amp HP on the southeast coast of England were featured in documentary... The beauty of the canceled 2020 Dirty Kanza how much variety and adventure we have ~100 routes on our bikepacking!
Vaneeza Ahmad Husband, Now You See Me 4, Saving Lives At Sea Series 3, Mcq On International Marketing Research With Answers, Camping In Kasane, New Construction Holmen, Wi, Texmo 2 Hp Borewell Compressor Motor Price, Cerebellar Hypoplasia Cat Life Expectancy, James Murray Actor The Crowd, Female To Female Faucet Adapter, Resistance Band Packages,