Top 7 tips on how to be happy in a long distance relationship
A long distance relationship (LDR) often becomes a real challenge for a couple. How can you heat up your feelings when your loved one is far away? How can you improve your communication? Below you will find a list of proven tips on how to be happy in a long distance relationship and support your partner.
- Realize that your beloved one should have some free space. Although you might spend plenty of time communicating online, it should not become the only option for your leisure time. Do not stuck in the routine: it is better to call each other 3-4 times per week and have a talk, full of positive emotions rather than to have a daily routine procedure, when both of you do not know what to discuss. Master new hobbies, expend your knowledge and become the better version of yourself.
- Do not let the loneliness overwhelm you. The best advice for those, who are in a long distance relationship, is to spend more time with friends and loved ones. This simple trick will make you relax and forget about the worries of LDR. Try to focus on present rather than on future.
- LDR is a good chance to know each other better. Therefore, do not be afraid to discuss tough questions and resolve misunderstandings. Just express everything that disturbs you and elevate your communication to the new level. Understanding is your key to success.
- Celebrate anniversaries and special days of your relationship. Try to spend these days together, even online. This simple trick will help both of you feel less lonely.
- Initiate common activities. Watch TV, play online games, share your PC screens and just do what you want together!
- Create a plan. Planning is one of the most important features for long distance relationship. Plan your future dates, schedule vacations and discuss what you are going to do together. However, do not forget about long-term plans for future; LDR is not a lifetime issue!
- Live your life on full. LDR is not the most important part of your life, either you like it or not. Do not set boundaries for communication with other people. You still have your personal life that should be bright and happy!