Do Long Distance Relationships Work? Let’s Find the Answer!
So, you fell in love with someone who lives miles away. First of all, make sure you’ve already met a person, with whom you became acquainted in the digital world. Be sure, you definitely cannot really love a person, whom you’ve never seen before. If this is all right, and you have feelings to the real partner, with all his or her peculiarities, make certain you feelings are mutual. However, do long distance relationships work? The answer to this question depends only on your feelings! If both of you are ready to stand for your love, below are tips on making a long distance relationship work.
1. Elevate your communication to the highest level. There are hundreds of apps that allow communicating in the real time. Make sure to benefit from the opportunities, offered by the digital word: talking to the phone is no longer the only option. Try to update your partner on the most important moments of each day of your live, leaving a bright picture on what you usually do regularly. Send small messages, photos, videos and audio clips to stay in touch. However, do not spam your partner or communicate 10 hours a day.
2. Be creative and do things together. Either you are going to watch the same video, go online shopping for buying presents or just walk around with a switched on camera, everything is great to support your communication. Furthermore, read the same books, listen to the same music and you will get plenty of additional topics for discussion.
3. Visit each other from time to time. Although your communication could be exceptionally awesome, it’s important to hold your partner’s hand even for a while. Not to mention, your kisses and hugs should be always long-awaited and amazingly sweet.
4. Stay honest. If you are planning to go to the party, it’s better to tell your partner about this. Otherwise, your loved one can easily become more suspicious and jealousy. Lies are the first thing that can easily damage your relationship.
5. Stay positive. Although waiting is often painful, don’t limit your social presence or stay at home all days long. Boring and depressive partner can be easily spurned by the loved one.
What Comes Next?
You need to ask yourself a few important questions. “What about the future?” “Do long distance relationships work or it is better to stay apart?” No couple can leave miles away forever. So, it’s a good idea to create a special plan on how you are going to settle down together.