Dating an Introvert: Tips to Help Your Relationship and Become Happier Together
So, you’ve found your perfect match. Everything is really great, except one thing: he is an introvert and you are not. However, there is no warning sign for having different temperaments; you still can create a successful relationship.
First of all, introverts are not always socially anxious, incredibly shy or lonely people. Introverts usually have friends, they often hang out, but they still need some space for being alone not to get drained. The matter is that introverts don’t recharge from numerous social contacts, but from their own inner world, imagination and ideas. Furthermore, they are awesome matches for extroverts, bringing balance to your couple.
Dating an Introvert: tips to help your relationship
– They often need a small push to socialize. Being an extrovert doesn’t mean lack of communication. However, many introverts just need a little push to “see the world”. An ability to recharge from themselves doesn’t mean introverts don’t like to hang out or visit public places.
– Don’t spend too much in overcrowded places. Have a good time together in public places, but in limited amounts. For example, you can spend evenings at home from time to time rather than going to the concerts and restaurants each day.
– Make a certain plan. Planning social events can make your life much easier. If your beloved get a certain schedule of going out and staying at home, both of you will benefit.
– Don’t confuse introvert’s love for silence with their lack of interest. Introverts usually communicate with a few people, whom they know or just have something in common with. They need silence and will always enjoy staying with a person they love alone.
– Study their body language. Introverts might often face with some difficulties to say they feel uncomfortable in a certain public place. They just feel sorry you might miss something interesting. That is why you will need to pay attention to the introvert’s body language to find out, whether they truly like an event.
– Have some extrovert friends. If you prefer being social too much for your lovely introvert, just find a few extravert friends to hang out more. You beloved will surely understand your desires.
– Avoid trying to change an introvert. They are not so social by nature. Just accept these features of your beloved and make them feel special.